During
my K-12 experience technology was very minimally integrated in our curriculum. I grew up in a public school system which progressively lost funding throughout my K-12 schooling. But regardless there was always some form if technology present in the classroom.
In elementary school we had laptop carts and a desktop computer in every room.
I think that some of the the activities that teachers prompted on the computers were worth while but more often than not we just used them as search engines to do busy work or begin researching a topic.
In my personal life I use technology (well as least my iPhone...) maybe too much. But I love learning new ways o manipulate technology or apps. And as a teacher I would love to heavily in integrate technology in my class. But in a way where student are engaged and understand what they are doing.
Cool new App.. Socrative!
My math 106 class is using it as a live survey and interactive testing portal.
I would love to use this in a high-school class.
No comments:
Post a Comment